Since so many of us are working on living a healthier lifestyle, we thought why not share one of our favorite healthy eats recipes! This harvest bowl is SO GOOD. And so filling. And so full of nutrition.
HEALTHY EATS HARVEST BOWL
I came across this recipe while on the one and only Barefoot Blonde blog! Amber was talking about how much she and her husband love to make these and how yummy they are. I changed a few things, and encourage you to make these with your own little twist as well!
Serving Size: 2 people (or 1 really hungry Cait)
- 1 cup Kale (Chopped into bite sized pieces)
- 3/4 cup Sweet Potato (bake whole for 45 mins at 400 F) then chop into small cubes
- 1 cup Shredded Chicken (I throw 4-6 frozen chicken breasts into the crock pot for 3 hours on high, add some chicken broth & seasoning of your choice)
- 3/4 cup Wild Rice
- 3/4 chopped apple of your choice
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 T chopped toasted almonds
- 1/3 cup Feta (or cheese of your choice)
- Drizzle of Extra Virgin Olive Oil & Balsamic Vinegar
Toss all ingredients really well and enjoy! **Bonus points for being a Gluten Free recipe!**
Eat your heart out, you’re welcome ladies!
What are your favorite recipes? Please share! We are always looking for new, tasty and HEALTHY recipes!