FOUNDATION is arguably the MOST important makeup product a woman uses on her skin! After all, the skin is the largest organ on the human body and the product we place on it and that mimics SKIN should be a good one! Most women wear some sort of base or foundation on a daily basis. There are so many types and we’ve all had good or bad experiences with foundation. This one product can make or break any look! We plan to bring your numerous reviews on various types of foundation. This time we are starting on a new product that falls under lower priced drugstore brands we love. Here is our 3 sense on the Loreal Total Cover Foundation. Find out if it’s totally worth it, or total bust!
Our 3 Sense: Loreal Total Cover Foundation, Totally Worth It or TOTAL Bust?
We each have different skin types and needs and you’ll get the complete review of this product including Pros vs Cons and Overview from all three perspectives!
“OUR 3 SENSE”
CAMILLE- Combination Skin
- A little goes a LONG WAY! I found out the wrong way by squeezing a “quarter” size amount of the foundation on my hand and having WAY more than necessary! A “nickel or dime” size is sufficient!
- The formula is light and almost has a “whipped” feeling.
- This foundation lasted throughout my work day with no setting powder! It has a powder like feeling almost immediately after you apply it.
- The color I got was too dark because the packaging and the swatches on the display didn’t match at all! It was a guessing game as to which color was the right one to try. The color I got would probably work in the summer.
- I looked more pale in photos than in real life! My skin looked great in person but when taking a couple of makeup pics I looked pale and washed out in the photo. Beware of “ghost face” with this foundation!
- It felt a little drying for my skin because I am already feeling dehydrated due to our cold Winter weather.
I really love this makeup because it lasts all day! I am working all day and working out at night and don’t like to reapply my makeup or touch up at the end of the day! However, this makeup is hard to match and I found that it was better when I mixed it with the L’oreal Pro Matte Infallible to lighten the color and give it a creamier consistency that didn’t feel so drying on my face throughout the day!
CAIT- Dry Skin
- Same with Camille- a little tiny. It goes a LONG way, major bang for your buck
- In my experience what it says on the tube is exactly what it does
- It is full coverage and stays put
- Other makeup layers well over it
- It has a more powdery finish than I would like
- It has a greyish undertone making you look not radiant at all
- Same with Camille- it is really hard to color match if you’re only buying one shade since the tube isn’t clear showing the actual foundation through the tube.
I think this is a great foundation. It’s a big value since you hardly have to use any for a full coverage face! I try to balance out the greyish undertone with a radiant finish bronzer, highlighter and blush and I am quite happy with the outcome! It wears for a long time on my skin too which is something I’m always looking for! I say YES.
LINDSEY- Oily Skin
- I really enjoyed the whipped feeling of this product, the texture allowed it to blend out with ease!
- It had great overall coverage and covered up my redness well.
- It photographed surprisingly well! It def had a “flawless finish” through the lens
- I really disliked the overall “chalky” appearance to my skin. I mean I love a matte look but this almost made me look dead!
- This was def NOT total cover! I did have to build up the coverage quite a bit which in turn made my textured skin look even more textured.
- It didn’t last as long as me as it did on the other girls. By mid day it was breaking up in places that naturaly get oily so that was a MAJOR diterent for me!
I was personally not impressed by this foundation AT ALL! Due to my skin issues I am EXTREMELY picky when it comes to foundations. I want my problematic skin to look as good as it possibly can and this foundation did far from that unfortunately. Which is so disappointing because the other foundations in their line are so incredible!
CLICK HERE TO TRY IT FOR YOURSELF!
The #1 thing we know about foundation is that it’s DEF not one size fits all! The foundation your BFF loves, may not be the right fit for you! There are so many variables to take into consideration when trying a foundation. Your skin type, the coverage amount, and application process all must be considered for you as an individual! So before you invest in any products we have 3 different opinions that you might want to consider! Ultimately, you have to decide for yourself, but we hope this helps in your process!
LEAVE A COMMENT ABOUT YOUR FAVORITE FULL COVERAGE OR DRUGSTORE FOUNDATION! SHARE THIS POST WITH A FRIEND THAT MIGHT BE INTERESTED! OR LET US KNOW WHAT FOUNDATION YOU WANT US TO REVIEW NEXT!
SUBSCRIBE TO KEEP IN THE KNOW WITH US ON OTHER PRODUCT REVIEWS!
WE LOVE YOU!!